Pat McAfee Retiring
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pat McAfee Retiring

Pat McAfee Retiring 1 month, 2 weeks ago #12701

• queenszep
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Redshirt Freshman
Fan favorite and WVU Mountaineer Pat McAfee has announced his retirement. It's part physical, part personal, and I'm sure it's not an easy decision to leave the game, but he left on top. All the best to Pat on his next career.

"Pat McAfee is walking away from the Indianapolis Colts at age 29.

No, really. This isn't a joke.

The two-time Pro Bowl punter met with team owner Jim Irsay for more than an hour Monday to inform him of the decision and announced it Wednesday night live on television.

The people’s punter – and very likely the city’s most popular athlete – is retiring from professional football, effective immediately, to work with Barstool Sports, a popular satirical sports website he says will soon open an office in Downtown Indianapolis. McAfee was due nearly $6 million over the next two seasons on the final years of the five-year, $14.5 million contract he signed with the Colts in 2014.

“I’m real excited to turn my obsessive-type focus towards making the world a happier place,” McAfee told IndyStar. While he says he's not sure of what his official title will be, he'll run Barstool's new content-production studio based in Indianapolis."

Check out the full, quite lengthy story, at www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/...y-colts-29/97374974/
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedRaider1127

Re: Pat McAfee Retiring 1 month, 2 weeks ago #12702

• wvu4u2
  • NOW ONLINE
  • True Freshman
He is young enough to take a chance and if it fails then go back to punting
The following user(s) said Thank You: queenszep
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds