The Nenana Ice Classic is BACK!

More
2 years 3 months ago #227 by queenszep
That's right fine folks of BCSNN - the biggest sporting, gambling, and social event of the year is now open for picks. The 106th Joyous Celebration of the Much Majestic Melting of Ice in Nenana is happening this year, and there's not a better time to be alive and compete in this remarkable event than 2022.

A few key things - first, remember this is the melting of the Tanana River, not the Nenana River, so if you're monitoring your frozen rivers, make sure you're monitoring the right one. 

Second, it looks like the Nenana Ice Classic Committee has upgraded their old Angelfire page to a more respectable website that includes live video of the river and the yokels who visit the river, ice measurements (under the Ice tab - how they measure it, we don't know, and it's probably inaccurate and outdated information, but it's there), a calendar for when the ice broke in the past (under the Brochure tab), and info on how to buy tickets/get scammed out of your money under the Tickets tab.

www.nenanaakiceclassic.com/ 

Ready to pick? LFG! All picks must be submitted by the end of business on Tuesday, April 5, in the year of our Lord 2022. 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago - 1 year 2 weeks ago #228 by Alaskanbuckeye
Last edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by Alaskanbuckeye.

More
2 years 3 months ago #229 by Alaskanbuckeye
Rules are simple gents:
#1..... One pick per entrant
#2.....Pick a date, a time (hour, and minute) specify AM/ PM, or use military time (0000)
#3.....All times will be Alaska Standard Time
#4..... Each pick equals a point. All points go to the winner(s), in the case of a tie the points are split equally between the tied parties. If someone hits the winning time exactly the total points double.
#5.....The OFFICIAL Nenana peeps will determine when the ice breaks, and the river is free flowing. The entrant closest to the winning date, and time gets all the points. It doesn't matter if you're over, or under the winning time.

GL

More
2 years 3 months ago #230 by Alaskanbuckeye
My official pick is: 5/1/22 @ 0713 hrs. Alaska Standard Time

More
2 years 3 months ago #231 by queenszep
Very gutsy to pick so early. But is this his real pick, or will he edit it closer to the deadline? We just don't know - that's how crazy the Nenana Ice Classic picks get around here!

More
2 years 3 months ago #232 by Alaskanbuckeye
Not on your miserable life will I change my guess. Because it's right, and I' am a member of the "old school", that subscribes to the maxim of "A card laid, is a card played". No changes, or take backs necessary for this guy :)
I also, suggest that we dispense with the idle chit-chat, and get some players over here signed in. The goal this year is at least 16, which gives the blog the best chance of bouncing R2 off the top of the standings. Feel free to run your gob off, and get some playas on here :)))))