Big Ten: Maryland Basketball Signs Canadian Caelum Swanton-Rodger

More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #282 by C. Austin Cox
Maryland men's basketball head coach Kevin Willard announced the signing of Caelum (pronounced Cal-um) Swanton-Rodger from Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The 6-11, 220-pound bigman played for Edge Prep High School and club ball with UPlay Canada.

Swanton-Rodger has been a member of the Canadian National Team. He participated in the 2022 BioSteel All-Canadian All-Star Game. He averaged 21.0 points per game, 11.0 rebounds per game along with 4.0 blocks per game on the Marquee Hoops circuit. Swanton-Rodger was named the MVP of the 2022 Genesis Classic. He also led the Grind Session in blocks per minute this past season.

He is Maryland's first Canadian men's basketball player for the Terrapins since Toronto native Justin Jackson played with the Terps from 2016-18 before he was drafted by the Denver Nuggets in 2018.

QUOTES:
Caelum Swanton-Rodger:
"Maryland is a perfect fit for me and I am excited to become a Terp. Coach Willard and Coach Billmeier have been great during the recruiting process and I can't wait to be a part of the program they are building at Maryland. I'm going to put in the work to put on a show come game day."

Head coach Kevin Willard: "Caelum is a great addition for our incoming class," said Willard. "He is a high-motor center who is extremely active around the rim and on the defensive end. He's very effective in pick-and-roll situations because of his athleticism around the basket."

You're not going to win every race you run. That doesn't mean you just stop running.
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by C. Austin Cox.

Please Log in to join the conversation.